Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How it Started

Have you ever loved a song before it became popular? No one shared your passion for it, it was your song. Then all of the sudden, it became a megahit? And then that song belonged to not only you, but everyone else too.

At first, you were happy that it got the attention that it deserved, but then you get annoyed that it’s not just yours anymore. You want it to yourself again.

Well, that’s what happened to me. Only this story has nothing to do with a song, it’s about a boy. Just a regular, ordinary boy with a great talent for hockey. You’ve probably heard of him. His name is Sidney Crosby.


I met him the first day of second grade. He walked into Mrs. Kovinski’s room silently and the teacher directed him to his seat, which was across from mine. I studied his dark curly brown hair and golden brown eyes for a second.

“Hi,” I said when he sat down. “Hi,” he answered, looking down. “What’s your name?” I asked. “Sidney,” he said. “No it isn’t,” I laughed. “Yeah it is,” he crossed his arms.

“But that’s a girl name!” I giggled. Even then, he never had a temper. “I’m a boy, and it’s my name too,” he said calmly. “Well…I like it. And my name’s Haley,” I said. “Oh,” he nodded. “Yeah,” I sighed. And just like that, I fell in love.

2 comments: